0
Luke Varney believes a win over East Anglian rivals Norwich is well overdue - and hopes to help change that this Sunday.

The Blues host the Canaries live on Sky Sports as 12pm, and for Varns, it could be his first appearance against Norwich since snapping his achilles in 2015's Play-Off semi-final.

"We've had a good week on the back of a solid performance on Tuesday night," he told Ipswich Player HD.

"This is a game all the lads look for when the fixtures come out and as soon as I had signed it was the first game I looked for.

"I'm delighted I've got up to speed and hopefully I'll be involved. The lads are dying to put a good show on and a win is overdue against them but a good result is what we're looking for.

"The fans will be up for it and the lads are just the same. Although we're not all from around Ipswich it means a lot to us. It's a derby game and that's what we'll make it.

"It would be nice to leave the stadium in my car instead of an ambulance this time as well!

"It's a massive game, though, and you can't say anything other than that so we're looking forward to a great atmosphere and a great game on Sunday."



Enregistrer un commentaire

 
Top